19 February 2009

Talvin Singh, Shoutcast and Media Monkey.

Currently listening to some Talvin Singh, courtesy of Spotify.

Not sure what to make of Spotify yet. I tend to like music applications that present me with random stuff that I wouldn't have otherwise known about. From what I can tell, it doesn't do that. But then I haven't read the instructions for it yet, so maybe I'm talking arse.

I have, however, been very much enjoying some online streaming radio stations courtesy of Shoutcast. In particular, a station called WFMU, recommended to me by a splendid chap on Twitter called RupertG.

If you have the time, I recommend that you download a piece of software called MediaMonkey , then have a look at Shoutcast and see what it has to offer. There are much worse ways of wasting a few hours.

That's it really, I don't have anything else to say at present.

Cheerio.

No comments: