8 March 2009

A small update

I haven't updated the blog for a little while now. The reasons are two-fold.

Firstly, I've been very busy with work. In the last few weeks I've been away to Nottingham, Birmingham and Lincoln. Lots of travelling, lots of things to do. This has resulted in little free time.

Secondly, I just couldn't be bothered. Not a major problem, I feel, as nobody reads this anyway. Curse you all and your callous indifference.

Progress on 'Mortal Remains' has been slow, as I continue to throw ideas around in my head on how to make it work better than it does currently.

I think one of the main difficulties is that I don't really watch that many horror films so, as a result, my knowledge of the genre is somewhat limited.

Most horror films follow a pretty simple formula and there isn't a huge amount of room for interesting things like character development or depth. Unfortunately, these are the things that interest me the most.

However, I still aim to complete the rewrite. More actual writing required. Must...start...to...write...

2 comments:

Benny C said...

Can't I be maliciously different?

Dan said...

Why break the habit of a lifetime, chief?